About Get Dirty

Friday, April 25, 2014

Let's Get Dirty!


You are looking at the view from my kitchen table.  Two indoor tomato plants flank the view of my newly extended garden.  It's spring, and it's time to get dirty.  This is a wonderful time of year, finally getting to dig up the dirt and plant seeds that will grow into delicious food!  Gardening is a way of life, offering more than just amazing fruits of labor.  It gets you outdoors in the sunlight, playing in the dirt. It also gives you an amazing workout, so ditch the gym and grab a shovel!  Nature is awesome.

My name is Margaret and I am starting this blog to share my gardening story.  Every year offers different challenges and obstacles, as well as plenty of success and gorgeous plants.  Let's not forget the amazing food that comes along with it!  This is my gardening journal, if you will.  Along with my dad, Dennis, and a few other gardening-crazed friends and family, this site will be discussing everything gardening, from seed to fruit!  New at gardening?  Not to worry.  We will cover everything from urban gardening to full-fledged backyard vegetable forests.  None of us are professional gardeners, we all just have a huge passion for it and have been at it for quite some time now.  Feel free to comment on posts, we would love your input and experience!  I want this to be a open forum to share information and fun stories :)

This blog is a spin-off of my food blog, Margaret's Dish.  I wanted to share the labor of love I put into growing each vegetable to make all my dishes truly farm-to-table.  Make sure to follow Margaret's Dish to keep up with recipes that are coming fresh out of my garden!  Now, let's get dirty!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Look forward to your perspective.

    I love gardening. It's Kale season!!

    ReplyDelete